The Magpies are involved in a number of philanthropic events every year as well as developing junior football including;
- Queensland Flood Relief following the terrible floods across Australia in early 2011 the Magpies donated a portion of every ticket sold at their 2011 Australia Day Event along with a strong representation at other flood fundraising events in NYC.
- Victorian Bushfire Fundraiser – following the terrible bushfires in Victoria in February 2009 the Magpies joined the Australian Consulate, The Australian Bar and Restaurant, The American Australian Association, Advance, Invest Victoria and Wine Australia to successfully raise over $100,000 for the cause at a single event.
- Taste of Down Under - A fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). This event showcases Australian food and wine with all proceeds going to the MDA. The club has supported this event since 2006 and will continue to be involved in the event.
- Dylan Hartung Foundation – In 2006 the Magpies joined with local Australian businessman Heathe St. Claire to create a fundraising calendar for Dylan Hartung, a young Australian boy who is receiving specialized cancer treatment here in New York City.
- Avon Walk for Breast Cancer – 2008 saw the Club participate in its first fundraiser for Breast Cancer. The formation of the women’s team broadened the club’s charitable work along with increased community involvement.
- MOvember – Magpies participate in Movember each year to raise funds for the Prostate Cancer Research Foundation. Players from the club have has raised over $20,000 for cancer research.
- Development of Junior Football – The Magpies have held junior football clinics for local elementary schools across NYC and are looking to expand this program in the future.